[Vacancy] Talpa Network is looking for a Back End Developer
Talpa Network is directly looking for a:
Back End Developer
At Talpa Network we turn dreams into ideas and ideas into products. Share our exciting vision about the infinite possibilities of the exceptional online platform for Talpa Network and join us as a Backend Developer. We offer the best consumer experiences, so complexity should be hidden from sight by good architecture and robust code. That is where you come in.
Your typical day at Talpa Network
As a Backend Developer, you are passionate about technology, don’t care about boundaries and love to discuss the right solution. This is a role in building the products for our video platform together with your colleagues in The Netherlands and Serbia. Making technical choices and working on robust, scalable technical solutions, one of your days could look like this:
- You’re excited to get started and investigate the outcome of a couple of optimizations that were done on our outbound Video API to get better performance and thus a better user experience;
- Join our daily virtual stand-up with the development team in Serbia
- Review some Pull Requests and if necessary, have a healthy and constructive discussion on things that are not clear;
- To stay ahead of competition in the media landscape, you and your Product Owner discuss new exciting features for our platform;
- Finish a feature ticket you were working on and push a Pull Request;
- Now it’s time to go out for lunch;
- Pick up a new ticket and start coding;
- Discuss feedback from our central QA team;
- Help out with some DevOps work within the team;
- Kick-start innovation by researching blogs and new technologies;
- Go home… life is much more than work.
Our main Technology Stack for our backend is short but not set in stone
- NodeJS / TypeScript
- Some legacy DotNet / PHP
- GraphQL / Apollo
- AWS Lambda, SNS, S3, Elemental Media Services, and more...
- Serverless Framework
- Atlassian Toolset (Jira / Confluence)
Feel free to expand this list with the right tools to get the job done.
A remarkable Technology Team
At the beating heart of our Online Video Platform we have our Core Services team that deliver the foundation on which other teams will build our customer facing applications. Working in a media company as a developer is special. The business can be hectic, as the drive to move innovations to production is high. The team is made up of creative, technically savvy Solution Architects, Tech Leads, Developers, Cloud and QA Engineers, working together with the Product Owners. Part of the heavy lifting is done in collaboration with our party in Serbia.
This means a lot to you
- Development is a craft and you’re proud of it;
- QA is a shared responsibility not a role and is non-negotiable;
- Impacting all viewers on our Online Video Platform;
- Ownership and influence;
- Output driven; we don’t care what time you start;
- Curiosity and a drive to keep on learning;
- Being part of a team;
We’re looking for a Backend Developer who is a source of inspiration with:
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience;
- Development knowledge, with a preference for NodeJS / TypeScript and AWS;
- DevOps knowledge or the willingness to grow in that direction
- Knowledge of building decoupled web applications and API layers;
- Getting stuff done in an Agile way with a hands-on, proactive attitude;
- Knowledge of all things web;
- Problem-solving, forward-thinking and consumer-centric mindset;
- The skill to work autonomously with a high level of responsibility and freedom;
- Ability to speak and write English fluently. Knowledge of the Dutch language (or eagerness to learn) is a plus;
- Willingness to travel to the teams in Serbia once it’s safe and possible;
- As we are a media company, this is no 9 to 5 environment;
Do you want to join our team as a Back End Developer? Apply for this job here.