[Vacatures] DPG Media is looking for a Data Architect
DPG Media is directly looking for a:
In your role as data architect, you are responsible for building, extending and supporting a robust and scalable big data environment. This environment forms the foundation of all data initiatives within DPG Online Services.
DPG’s Online Services, part of DPG Media, represent some of the most acclaimed supply-demand and community platforms in the Dutch and Belgian market, with brands such as Tweakers, Autotrack, Independer and Nationale Vacaturebank. These service-focused platforms provide quality content and facilitate a large online community, to help consumers decide on the best offer in tech, automotive, finance and recruitment. Being there where consumers need information, means being authoritative, timely and relevant, for which the latest web-based technologies and cloud computing solutions are applied.
To match supply and demand, it has become increasingly important to collect and model data and activate high-potential outcomes in real-time scenarios. Together with DPG Media, Online Service is building one of the largest data ecosystems in the Netherlands and Belgium to service this; meanwhile pertaining to the standards, practices and principles that are specific to the brands of Online Services.
The technologies that we are using are: SQL, Spark, Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, Scala, Python, Redshift, Terraform, but we’re always open to extending and optimizing our tool set.
What you will be doing
DPG Media’s data teams have spent the past two years building an extensive data environment: our Group Data Platform. It’s your job to leverage what is already there, collect additional requirements and see how existing cloud-based systems and pipelines can be optimally used to meet the needs of the Online Services brands. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Designing, deploying, operating and refining the cloud-based data infrastructure for Online Services, effectively utilizing existing components within DPG Media’s Group Data Platform.
- Translating and implementing best practices from DPG Media to DPG Online Services, which also means challenging existing solutions and working closely together with the data teams of DPG Media.
- Being an authoritative leader in data engineering within Online Services, where you join forces with the specialists in data science, analytics and business intelligence, together further strengthening and extending the data team.
- An experience-based salary.
- 36-hour workweek.
- 12% in flexible benefits (of which 8% is holiday allowance).
- A percentage of profit shares.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
- 24 paid holiday days.
- Location in Amsterdam.
Who are you
To further develop our data infrastructure, we need someone who actively seeks collaboration with the data engineering teams of DPG Media and all important stakeholders within the different businesses. You like to pioneer, make decisions and provide advice in architecture, technologies and engineering practices that best fit the needs of Online Services. It's also a prerequisite to have:
- Solid working experience as a Lead data engineer as well as architect.
- Proven experience with designing and building complex cloud-based data solutions in an agile environment.
- Working experience with most of our stack or similar technology: SQL, Spark, Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, Scala, Python, Redshift, Terraform.
- Experience with AWS databases and infrastructure. We strongly stimulate proven best practices in software development (coding standards, monorepo, CI/CD, infrastructure as code).
Are you going to be our new colleague?