[Vacatures] DPG Media is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer
DPG Media is directly looking for a:
Senior Backend Engineer
As a senior backend engineer in our Editorial team, you build on the systems that our journalists use to publish thousands of articles on daily basis. Our journalists publish thousands of articles every day on our products such as AD, HLN and de Volkskrant. We provide an article editor that allows our journalists to publish digital articles to an article display that ensures the article is always displayed as intended.
You’ll work with a small team that is experienced with remote pairing. As a team, you are responsible for the design, low-level architecture, build, QA testing and delivery of software. We live by the baseline: ‘you build it, you run it’. You’ll be in control of the technology choices and work closely with an architect to ensure cross-domain and team decisions allow us to keep iterating on our products quickly and reliably.
- An experience-based salary.
- 36-hour workweek.
- 12% in flexible benefits (of which 8% is holiday allowance).
- A percentage of profit shares.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
- 24 paid holiday days.
- Location in Amsterdam (We are closely collaborating with teams in Belgium, so traveling to Antwerp and Rotterdam may occur).
- Fully paid functional technical training.
Who are you
You love learning new things and keep a close eye on technological evolutions. You are open-minded and critical with a no-nonsense approach: always looking for the ‘why’ of things. Also, you are passionate about IT and development, always focused on quality. What else we expect:
- Must-have knowledge: Amazon Web Services, Java 8/11, database technologies (relational as well as document based), REST, Spring and Hibernate
- CI/CD knowledge: Maven/Gradle, Bitbucket pipelines, docker, ECS, fargate
- Beyond that, DDD, the SOLID principles and Clean Code hold no secrets for you. TDD/BDD are a second nature to you and you’ve at least heard of Clean Architecture (a.k.a ports and adapters).
- Agile mindset and relevant experience with Scrum or other agile methodologies
Are you going to be our new colleague?