[Vacatures] Mediahuis is looking for a Senior full stack developer with knowledge of Python / native JS
Mediahuis is directly looking for a:
Senior full stack developer with knowledge of Python / native JS
Our team is providing the Video services for our major websites and apps, like telegraaf.nl dumpert.nl and various other news websites. Within this team we develop a complete video service solution (called AgnoPlay) used by all our brands. The team is set up fully cross functional, consisting of full stack developers. A scrum master and dedicated product owner are also part of the team.
Our Product Development methodologies are typically agile, like Scrum and Kanban – and are influenced by the ‘Lean Startup’ principles. Product Development is organized around autonomous, co-located and multidisciplinary teams. Disciplines include Product Management, Software Engineering, System Engineering as well as specialists in the field of User Interface, Interaction Design and QA.
Skills & Requirements
- At least a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or working experience that is equal to the degree
- Working experience with development and design of high traffic and high reliable REST API’s
- Experience with developing critical / large scale websites and web services
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Redis
- Knowledge and fundamental understanding of operating systems (like Unix, Linux)
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
- Knowledge of Streaming technologies (like HLS, DASH)
- Knowledge of Video players (like Video.js and Shaka)
- Knowledge of Advertising technologies (like DFP, VAST, VMAP)
- Modern software engineering mindset (DevOps, CI/CD, QA, unit testing, pair programming)
- Experience with troubleshooting performance issues in a Python environment, extensive debug skills
- Strategic and analytical thinker with flexibility in choice of technology and able to switch between languages and technologies
- Team player, who is used to perform in an agile / scrum environment and helps others to grow
- Experience with serverless is a plus
- Proficient English speaker, both written and verbal
What we offer
A chance to work in a competitive dynamic environment where you can learn and grow technically. You will be provided with a MacBook and have access to our Gym. We regularly organize hackatons and techdrinks within our office that is easy to reach by public transport. We are located near Amsterdam Sloterdijk, which is 5 min. from the Central station by train. Parking facilities are available.