[Vacatures] Mediahuis zoekt een Full Stack / Back-End Developer
Mediahuis is per direct op zoek naar een:
Full Stack / Back-End Developer
Our web team is maintaining and developing the high traffic website telegraaf.nl, one of the biggest news sites of the Netherlands.
The team is set up fully cross functional, consisting of full stack and frontend developers, QA and SRE (site reliability engineer). A scrum master, product owner and SEO specialist are also part of the team. We work in 2 week sprints with regular, fully automated releases.
We are looking for a senior developer to join the team with extensive knowledge of backend systems, caching, high traffic websites and who is also interested in the front-end.
Skills & Requirements
- At least a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or working experience that is equal to the degree
- Experience with Node.js, GraphQL and React
- Working experience with development and design of high traffic and high reliable REST API’s
- Experience with developing critical / large scale websites and web services
- Experience with Redis, Varnish and/or other types of caching
- Modern software engineering mindset (DevOps, CI/CD, QA, unit testing, pair programming)
- Knowledge of front-end development
- Experience with other languages, for example PHP, Java or C#
- Experience with troubleshooting (performance) issues and extensive debug skills
- Strategic and analytical thinker with flexibility in choice of technology and able to switch between languages and technologies
- Team player, who is used to perform in an agile / scrum environment and helps others to grow
- Experience with cloud technologies is a plus
- Communication is in English, but understanding and speaking Dutch is a pré
What we offer
- A chance to work in one of the largest media companies in the Netherlands
- A good salary based on your experience
- Good pension and at least 25 free days with the possibility to buy more
- A MacBook Pro and iPhone
- Other attractive fringe benefits (including access to the gym, regular events and more)
- Close to Amsterdam Sloterdijk: easy to reach by public transport, but also free parking if you come by car
- And much more!