[Vacatures] Talpa Network zoekt een Solution Architect Video
Talpa Network is per direct op zoek naar een:
Solution Architect Video
As a Solution Architect Video at Talpa Network you design our ever-evolving video architecture – from our broadcasting environment, through our playout systems and into our video player, reaching the platform-of-choice for millions of consumers. Join us if you are an explorer at heart who enjoys making solutions that impact the future media landscape.
Your typical day at Talpa Network
As a Solution Architect Video you connect the complex workflow of Video On Demand (VOD) and TV into robust architecture. You love to map out structure, characteristics, behaviour, and other aspects of software for project stakeholders. Bridging the gap between business strategy and innovative solutions, your average day at Talpa might look like this:
- Starting off the day with coffee;
- Up next is a meeting with Product Owners and Head of Product to discuss new features;
- Time to grab another coffee and discuss solutions and issues with the Tech Leads and the development crews in Serbia;
- You put those new noise-cancelling earphones on and start analysing requirements and creating solution prototypes;
- Incoming call from the QA Engineer – driving quality together with the QA team is essential;
- It’s time for a technology selection session! Selecting project technology is a group effort or even a company-wide decision, which inspires you to find common ground;
- Just before lunch you take a few minutes to check your Teams channels;
- Go out for lunch. We’re in de hart of Amsterdam so enough options here! Or grab some in our restaurant or the nearby supermarket;
- To fight the lunch dip, you exercise your creativity muscles. So the next hour or so you work on secure, stable, scalable and maintainable solutions for a business need;
- Together with one of the Tech Leads and PO you do a deep dive into on of our running discovery items to find out where the value is and what the most sensible solution could be;
- Finally! The view is awesome from the Amsterdam office but it's time to go home. Work and life should be in balance.
Our Technology Stack
- A big plus: Native iOS & Android
- AWS / AWS Elemental
- Unified Packaging
- Lamda’s / Serverless
- Everything related to streaming technology’s / DRM etc…
- Feel free to expand this list with the right tools to get the job done.
A remarkable Technology Team
The Talpa Network Technology Digital TV team has Solution Architects, Tech Leads, AWS-, QA- and DevOps Engineers, working together with the Product Owners and the development team in Serbia to make shiny new stuff. Our tech team in a few words? Creative, tech-savvy, enthusiastic and energetic. You’ll see! Working in a media company like Talpa Network is special. The rhythm is hectic, as the drive to get cutting-edge innovations to production is high.
This means a lot to you:
- As a Solution Architect Video you work for the biggest start-up company in the Netherlands;
- Working on the future of Video platforms for millions of viewers;
- Being smack in the middle of Amsterdam with all its tech community benefits;
- Budget and time for personal growth, participation in Talpa Labs, conferences, etc.;
- Getting access to our cool events like 538 King’s Day, 538 DJ Hotel, Das Coen und Sander Fest, Waylon Live in concert;
- Ownership and influence.
You are a pioneering, bridge-building Solution Architect Video with:
- Seniority. You have seen and built a lot of projects. You have great stories on how bumpy the road can be to building sustainable products;
- Solid knowledge on how to architect complex decoupled web applications;
- Quality is non-negotiable for you;
- Ability to influence and negotiate;
- Work with nearshoring teams;
- Facilitator towards our Tech Leads;
- Deep knowledge of all things web and VOD and related technology;
- Knowledge about TV broadcasting is a big plus
- You are a communicator and facilitator;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks;
- The skill to work autonomously with a high level of responsibility and freedom;
- The ability to speak and write English fluently. Knowledge of the Dutch language (or eagerness to learn) is a big plus;
- Willingness to travel regularly to the teams in Serbia.
We have a straightforward selection process, with two or three conversations. First, an informal coffee with Rutger-Jan Hoogerdijk, Manager Digital Technology TV. Second, a technical discussion with peers. Solliciteer hier