[Vacatures] VICE Studios Benelux is looking for a Creative Producer
Creative Producer VICE Studios Benelux
VICE is the fastest growing youth media company in the world. A community of passionate, young and creative writers, art directors, photographers and directors, active in the production and distribution of magazines, websites, movies, DVDs, books, events and music.
VICELAND is the TV channel of VICE. A global player, with unique, high-quality content and programs closely related to the passions of young people.
This is a key role that sits at the heart of VICE NL, providing vital operational leadership and support for our thriving premium studio business. As the Creative Producer you will be responsible for leading the production management function and community, effectively managing the people and resources to deliver value for money whilst ensuring the quality and compliance of our Studio business is maintained. You will oversee budgeting, production management and creative processes across VICE Studios, working in partnership with third party broadcasters and commercial clients.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Act as a go to person within the department, so that you have an overview of the status of each production. Initiate and implement communication systems that will ensure this occurs.
- Create and oversee budgets at a production level.
- Instil a ‘value for money’ culture, where efforts are made to ensure money goes on-screen.
- Ensure processes are in place to monitor and drive effective utilisation of our people and resources.
- Be a creative all rounder that can liaise with our development team as well as the show runners.
- Maintain an overview of how the productions within the department are progressing and flag up any potential problems.
- Review and approve production cost reports.
- Monitor the progress of production and offer solutions to any production management problems that may arise.
- Negotiate key deals with third parties (Broadcasters, Suppliers, Talent etc.) securing terms and rights that are favourable to the business.
- Ensure correct procedures for ends of contracts and that appropriate handovers are undertaken when key crew leave the production.
- +/- 5 year experience as Creative Producer or Prod Exec level.
- To be passionate and excited about Vice and the content we produce.
- Track record of developing talent and building high-performing teams.
- Ability to lead teams, developing talent and a high-performance culture.
- To bring a commercial and entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Experience creating and monitoring business plans and budgets.
- To be able to relate to and influence the creative community.
- Experience producing content across linear and digital platforms.
- The ability to build constructive and influential working relationships at a senior level.
- Good communicator with the skills and experience to influence colleagues and peers, without having direct line management authority over them.
- Awareness of commercial drivers within the business and industry.
- Familiar with/aware of broadcasters’ terms of trade.
- Experience of managing procurement processes in a cost effective way.
- Familiar with the media industry developments; audience, regulatory et cetera.
This position may start as a freelance position.Click here to apply for this position.